Follow @Darsana Vsekar

Friday 24 July 2015

COLORBAR RADIANT GLOW FACE ILLUMINATOR PEN REVIEW & SWATCHES

HeYy My LoVeLy AnGeLs!!
COLORBAR RADIANT GLOW ILLUMINATOR PEN


I started with powder highlighter from my naked palette which I have reviewed here http://pinkzdarkz.blogspot.in/2015/07/urban-decay-naked-original-palette.html Please check if you haven't. I'm highly impressed how well it highlighted my high points on my face. 
It added a beautiful glow to my brow area and I decided to explore more of these highlighting options available in market.

PRICE: Rs. 550 for 2.2 ml
NOTE: This is not a paid review . I bought this product on my own money.

I have tried a set of highlighters but all are way too much expensive, sparkly and shimmery with junk of glitters packed inside them and I know like me all girls out there who want to get that perfect glowing skin at every function and party.

So far with other highlighters it made me look like a 'Disco Ball' and I switched to creamy highlighters which colorbar launched this illuminator pen. 
Firstly, I felt this will be definitely travel friendly and this pen mechanism is interesting. Though they don't have any testers for this product , I definitely wanted to give this one a shot. So I bought this pen with guts and share my review with you girls. *.*

PACKAGING :
Colorbar's pen is very nicely packed and the highlighter flows through the pen nicely. The colorbar pen comes with a synthetic brush applicator. The brush is soft and good quality and the click - click button at the bottom. I have to click the button 10-15 times to dispense the product out, which I don't like.


TEXTURE:
The highlighter is little creamy in texture but sits comfortably on skin but quick blending is required to avoid patchiness. It is a gorgeous champagne gold colour looks great on all Indian skin tones.


Without & With Flashlight. 
After blending..

This is how it looks on my face (Without Flashlight)..


MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
This is my first ever highlighter and am sort of loving it because I haven't tried any other creamy highlighters. It is available in one shade GLAMOUR 001. Application and blending is little disappointing because I don't like to apply directly with the brush on my face, it gives me strokes and blending that itself is a task. I usually dispense the product on back of my hand and then apply on my face. It gives me a gorgeous glow on my high points of the face. It stays on whole day looks great for parties, wedding.  It's a good product for oily skinned girls like me. I'd love to highlight my features on my face rather than contouring because it gives me that youthful radiant glow. I don't know when the product get struck and also it might lead to wastage if excess of product is dispensed. If I leave the excess product on the brush it dries up quickly.

OVERALL VIEW:
The pen style is interesting to use but little tricky and the highlighter is a pretty gold colour which is packed with fine glitter particles which is not at all seen in sunlight but under flash lights it's shown. You don't know when this pen mechanism would stop working and also cannot track how much product left. Blending the product should be done quickly or else it dries up quickly and pretty hard to blend and little more blending , just vanishes completely. It is really handy during travelling.

DO I RECOMMEND IT??
Yes, this is a great product for its affordability. Highlighting and contouring adds definition of the sculptured and flawless look. I think you can't do strobbing with this pen alone instead, powder highlighters are best!!
I don't like this pen mechanism rather the tube one's is great enough. The packaging is classy looks like a high branded. Try out girls you might like. Once, you properly learn the trick to use this pen without any wastage of product. You are the pro girl!! 

Have you tried ??
Please leave your opinion about this product and review. Also let me know which other highlighters would you recommend!

If you liked my review please comment your thoughts and future reviews you'd like to see on my blog! Don't forget to like my Facebook page here Join me here in Facebook to stay updated with my posts. Have a pleasant day all!

Love,
Darsana.

No comments:

Post a Comment